The Blog Reviewer

"The blog review and website review authority."

Elias could be better...

Posted by David D'Angelo Thursday, September 11, 2008 , ,
ShareThis

REVIEW #176 (EC ADVERTISER). The title itself was intriguing and can attract a lot of blog visitors. Elias, Zion's Watchman Speaks Again has a lot of possibilities to explore with the Bible name in it and with the description it is definitely a blog to watch out for. The sad thing though is it has become a sort of aggregator of articles from various sources which was posted by the blogger in this site. Is it bad? I guess not as long as there is a credit but it makes the blog lack the creative originality of the author.

I am not the authority in saying what a blog should contain or not or even on how it should be written but in this reviews, I am just saying my opinion based on my own preferences and views as a blogger myself. I would definitely agree with those people who said that this blog is very informative and have lots of good information for it really contains such information. The thing is, it would be better if the blogger has also something to say about what was posted in the blog. That way a personal touch is added to each of the posts.

SITE RATINGS:

  • Layout - 5
  • Content - 7
  • Coherence - 5
  • Reach - 1
  • Readability - 8
  • Originality - 3
  • Overall Rating - 4.83

Upon seeing blogs which are aggregators of sorts, I have decided to add one category to my review which is ORIGINALITY. Originality will refer to the originality of articles posted in the blog. It is also how I see the articles in every blog that I review.

The content needs a little focus as it goes everywhere. There is no specific topic into the posts or at least if there would be a comment from the blogger it could be more focused.

The layout and widgets also need proper arranging and labelling. Placing all widgets and pictures or links maybe cool for the blog author but readers definitely want to know what they are for or otherwise what you place will utterly be useless.

A better template would be great and better layouting of the posts.

These are just my suggestions but definitely I do recommend to everyone to visit this blog for it contains rare information that you will only find in Elias, Zion's Watchman Speaks Again.


Also Visit My Other Blogs
| Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan? | Newz Around Us |

2 comments

  1. iLovPh2 Says:
  2. i have seen the blog Elias and it is indeed cluttered in the sidebar. It hurts in the originality huh!!?? But I like that Bill of Rights Ammendment posted in the top sidebar (right).

    BTW, how about your old reviews? I would love to see the originality score of my 3 blogs that you have reviewed... ^^

     
  3. Shen Says:
  4. Yes I do agree that the content of this blog is great but as an aggregator of posts from other sites that is where the originality hurts...

    Would love to add originality review on your blog review but first I have to catch up with the review que... thanks again :)

     
Subscribe to The Blog Reviewer by Email or by GOOGLE or FACEBOOK.
Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Internet Blogs
Internet Blogs
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

Review Categories


Blog Archive

Message Box