The Blog Reviewer

"The blog review and website review authority."

A Blog of Ramblings and Being a Filipino

Posted by David D'Angelo Sunday, August 24, 2008 , ,
ShareThis

REVIEW #159. When I first see the blog of Cielo months ago I was impressed by her postings. Considering that she is a wife and has two kids and still finds time to blog... well that is something that I would commend her. It is not easy to have kids, a husband plus to be a dedicated blogger. The blog Brown Pinay, says a lot about Cielo. A blog which is composed of random ramblings about events in the Philippines, her personal experience and many more.

Her blog is a blot full packed with information and a touch of feminism added into the design. You can really see her creativeness in this blog. Personally, Cielo is a person who despite her knowledge in blogging is very helpful to other bloggers. I have seen that when I met her and Sheng during the first ever Blog Workshop launched by our organization.


SITE RATINGS:

  • Layout - 8
  • Content - 9
  • Coherence - 8
  • Reach - 8
  • Readability - 8
  • Overall Rating - 8.2

Brown Pinay has a very simple layout with a white background and the blog's logo at the bottom right side. I see only few hindrances in making the blog more readable and improving the layout. One of the bad layout of this blog is the archive list. Since I am using Safari to view blogs I am seeing a very long list of archive with strange lines in it. Maybe it is just me seeing those lines. Sometimes the logo might also hinder readability but you can just read on top of it though.

I hope that there will also be not too much italicizing on the blog for I find a hard time reading it and gets a little dizzy especially since when I read it today there are so much italicized words.

I have two recommended links for you on this blog which for me is a must read:
So after blogging all about this and you have reach this part then it is time for you to click on this link and visit Brown Pinay.

3 comments

  1. Cielo Says:
  2. Thanks for a very honest assessment shen,

    I have a linky love post of the review in my blog. Please check it out...

    Brown Pinay as Reviewed by The Blog Reviewer

    Regarding the :
    1. Italics - I will surely refrain from using it from hereon.

    2. The archive list - let me see what I can do, its a blogger widget and I am not really a very techie person who can tweak CSS and html :(

    3. The Logo - you have to bear with me, until I find another layout, but for now, i hope this will be tolerable.

     
  3. Cielo Says:
  4. BTW, upon reading the post, I immediately removed text with too much italics and retain the quoted one frm a source.

     
  5. Shen Says:
  6. Thanks Cielo for the link... it is an honor to review blogs and I am glad that I have helped you.

     
Subscribe to The Blog Reviewer by Email or by GOOGLE or FACEBOOK.
Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Internet Blogs
Internet Blogs
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

Review Categories


Blog Archive

Message Box