The Blog Reviewer

"The blog review and website review authority."

The Big Leather Couch from New York to Memphis. Wow, That Was Big!

Posted by David D'Angelo Sunday, August 10, 2008 ,
ShareThis

REVIEW #140. I can't imagine how long would a big leather couch be which expands from New York to Memphis. It seems that the blog title, Big Leather Couch has something to do with the content and topic of this blog. The blog seems like a comfy couch with very informative posts about music, fitness and other stuff which are of personal attachment to the blog author. (Original Review: Aug. 4, 2008)

This blog seems to contain lots of useful information but I have to be honest upfront, I seem to miss the whole point of the blog and its widgets. The font of the posts are very small in default plus the sidebar widgets and links are not labeled which makes you ask what is this or that for.

SITE RATINGS:

  • Layout - 4
  • Content - 7
  • Coherence - 7
  • Reach - 5
  • Readability - 3
  • Overall Rating - 5.2

I just can't enjoy reading the very long article with a default small font size text. Well although I can solve this problem by increasing the size of my font but still I am wondering why set the font to that size in default? I see no point in that.

I also recommend labeling the sidebar widgets properly so as to inform the user of what's that sidebar item all about. The images are okey just avoid the resizing mistakes committed by many which makes images look funny... like what happened with the picture of Justin Timberlake in your blog.

Hope you don't mind my suggestions. Anyway peeps let's go and visit Big Leather Couch and enjoy the comfort and the snacks.

2 comments

  1. Bond Says:
  2. Hey..thanks for the review but I am confused by a few things. First you say the font size is too small on the posts. it is at 105%, so I am not sure how much bigger you would make it.

    Also, you mention not knowing what the widgets on the sidebars are for. can you give me an example of what you are talking about please?

     
  3. Shen Says:
  4. The font is a lot better now although they are still small in my safari browser.

    As for the sidebar widgets I would suggest that you put a title on the widgets to show what they are since I notice that most of your widgets are just arrange din the sidebar but there is no title or anything that describes it.

     
Subscribe to The Blog Reviewer by Email or by GOOGLE or FACEBOOK.
Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Internet Blogs
Internet Blogs
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

Review Categories


Blog Archive

Message Box