The Blog Reviewer

"The blog review and website review authority."

Ramblings of a Dot Com Guru and a 5,000 EC Contest

Posted by David D'Angelo Thursday, April 10, 2008 , ,
ShareThis

Shanker Bakshi Dot Com is running a contest in which 5,000 Entre Credits is at stake so I guess that by means of making this the first paragraph of this review, I will also be eligible for that contests! Whew! So I guess I am on it. Well this blog's current link to Entrecard is directed at this post and all I can say is this is one of the many contests flocking the EC Community which offers credits. The benefit? Well exposure and higher visits of course plus name and blog recognition in the EC Community.

So who is Shanker Bakshi? Shanker Bakshi is from India and in his blog this is what he says about his life before blogging...

I was actively involved with television and radio media before hitting blogsphere. I did some Television shows and worked as Radio Jockey with Local Chandigarh FM 103.1. Name and the fame was the motive behind it. I started my own audio visual production house Aditya Productions and contributed in media by creating various documentaries, Ad Films, Commercial for Radio, Business presentations and yes my favorite job; signing Ad Jingles for radio and television commercials. I’ve given voiceover for interactive media, audio books, station imaging, station promos and movie trailers. I enjoy opening my mouth for others.


How did he started as a blogger and became a personally proclaimed Dot Com Guru? That is when he came across John Chow Dot Com and put into practice the tips in that site. Well personally I do not know how much he earns from this blog but I guess he do earns something remarkable at most.

Most of his blog posts are about blogging tips with tips on how to succeed in blogging. His blog is not among those typical blogs with tons of advertisements. There were only a few referral buttons from Bidvertiser, Textlink Ads, Ad Toll, Adbrite, and Widget Bucks. There was no Google Ad Sense in fact... so when I think about it, I ask myself why is it called make money online?

Maybe the blog is really solely dedicated to giving helpful tips to fellow bloggers and give them some idea on how to start with their own money making blog.

SITE RATINGS:
  • Layout - 7
  • Content - 8
  • Coherence - 8
  • Reach - 7
  • Readability - 8
  • Overall Rating - 7.6


Layout was plain and simple. It is a 2-column blog with not many links and widgets and focused on the content. Posts where very readable and important details were stressed. I can see that it is focused on content and main articles that is why perhaps he wish to limit the number of widgets in the blog because most of the time it takes the visitors eyes away from the topics.

For tips and more tips about blogging and some ramblings as well let us visit Make Money Online with Shanker Bakshi.

0 comments

Subscribe to The Blog Reviewer by Email or by GOOGLE or FACEBOOK.
Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Internet Blogs
Internet Blogs
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

Review Categories


Blog Archive

Message Box