The Blog Reviewer

"The blog review and website review authority."

Globally Rational: In-Depth Points of View

Posted by David D'Angelo Monday, April 21, 2008 , ,
ShareThis

When I first saw this blog it was named optimistworld and you will never realize how interesting this blog is until you discover what's behind it. I am trying to find out how he writes and what is optimistic with his views. Then it came to me that he is from Pakistan leaving in the United States and perhaps that situation alone should make you optimistic. Globally Rational is a blog which contains many interesting topics written by a cosmopolitan scientist. By the way what is a "cosmopolitan scientist"? I hope he could answer that question for us.

Browsing through his blog two articles came to my attention. The first was "The Where are you from? question". It discusses the prejudice certain authorities in the United States has for people of different race specially those from the Middle East. The second article was his guest posting on another blog which talks about "Global Warming and Climate Change"

SITE RATINGS:

  • Layout - 9
  • Content - 10
  • Coherence - 8
  • Reach - 2
  • Readability - 8
  • Overall Rating - 7.4
I like the layout of this blog which arranged the posts according to topics and is linked to tabs on top. It also has tab links just above main posts which shows two separate columns for them. I also like the image on tops which shows images linked to articles related to them.

Personally, I hate to give a 2 score on the Reach of this blog however it has no Google Rank and was not yet ranked by Alexa. The only site I based my rank on was on his Technorati rank of 1,014,521.

The readability needs improvement because of the unbalanced column but other than that it is okey. The blog also needs to spice up with some related widgets to his articles though I can see that focus is greatly given to the articles published.

Finally, I also love cricket though it is not that popular here in the Philippines.

Great blog and let's all be Globally Rational!

0 comments

Subscribe to The Blog Reviewer by Email or by GOOGLE or FACEBOOK.
Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Internet Blogs
Internet Blogs
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

Review Categories


Blog Archive

Message Box